Tue, Jan 30 2018 11:04
Overall requirements: to adapt to the needs of national and local economic and social development, cultivate research and innovative ecological senior talents.
1. Systematically grasping the basic theories and professional knowledge of ecology, mastering the relevant experimental skills, can integrate the theory and means of multiple disciplines, have a good use of modern biotechnology and spatial information technology, grasp ecological phenomena and ecological processes from various temporal and spatial scales, provide scientific ideas and technical services for solving ecological environment problems and sustainable development.
2. Graduates should have strong ability to hold the frontier of discipline, carry out scientific research independently, and engage in scientific research and teaching work. They will be able to read professional foreign language materials and write English research papers. Dissertations with certain scientific meaning or application value should be published in relatively high level magazines.
1. Pollution ecology
3. Ecological conservation and ecological restoration
4. Ecological evaluation and management
The basic educational system is three years, the longest duration of study is five years (including suspension of schooling etc.).
Implementing credit system, the total credits should not be less than 32 credits. Among them, courses of basic subject should not be less than 9 credits, major courses should not be less than 8 credits, development courses should not be less than 8 credits.
Allow students to graduate in advance, but the minimum length of study should not be less than 2.5 years, the requirements for early graduation are as follows:
Students must publish (must have the page number, excluding the employed) two SCI papers including one exceeds subject average impact factor in school as the first author, then they can apply for a degree.
1. In the process of postgraduate cultivation, we should reasonably arrange the course study, thesis work and practice activities.
1.1 In the course study, we should pay attention to the cultivation of Postgraduates' autonomous learning ability, research ability and practical ability.
1.2 The thesis work focuses on the systematic and comprehensive research training for postgraduates, cultivating Master Students' ability to discover, analyze and solve problems by using what they have learned.
1.3 Cultivate the ability of ecology graduate students to practice and finish field work, combining field practice and experiment with students' papers, making the practice education run through the whole process of master's cultivation.
1.4 We adopted cultivation mode of the combination of tutor's personal guidance and aggregated student cultivation.
1.5 Students must publish more than 1 paper (including 1 paper) related to the content of dissertations at domestic or abroad academic journals in school as the first author, then they can apply for a degree.
1. Courses credits are not less than 32 credits
Curriculum provision of postgraduate students for ecology
2. Personal learning plan
Postgraduate students make personal learning plans under the instruction of supervisor. The plan should be completed within three months after enrollment.
3. Teaching methods and examination methods
The combination of teaching and discussing methods has been carried out. The discussing methods play a role in promoting students' autonomous learning and research learning.
Course learning must pass the examination. If the achievement is qualified, the credits will be received.
The basic courses generally take the form of closed/open-book examination for the final examination. The basic courses, the major courses, the development courses take many process examination methods, including reading reports, experimental reports, survey reports, papers, and adopt the mode of writing course paper for final examination.
The work of degree thesis focuses on guiding students to use scientific methods to solve practical problems, including literature review, thesis proposal, progress report, review and reply.
1. Thesis proposal and examination
The thesis proposal usually conducts at the beginning of the first term of postgraduate grade 2 (the third term) (at the end of October - the beginning of the November).
2. Mid-term Review
The mid-term examination is schedules at the end of second term of postgraduate grade 2, the end of the fourth term period.
The main contents include: research overview; completed content, method and proportion; achievements and innovations; problems and solutions to be solved; next step plan and arrangements.
3. Late Review
Outside school blind review is adopted in the evaluation of dissertation. The results of outside school blind review accord with the relevant regulations of the school, allowing taking part in the dissertation reply. The postgraduate dissertation reply is arranged at the second term of postgraduate grade 3 basing on the regulations of the school.
1. First-year graduate students are required to read more than 30 high quality papers, with at least half in English, related to their research topics. A literature summary should be written and submitted to the department. It will be evaluated and revised by academic experts.
2. The following lists some suggestions for the literature review outline:
Research backgrounds and significance (importance, scientific values and application prospective); current research status (basic concepts and principles, reviews of current research progress, summary of proposed questions and corresponding solutions), reference (pay attention to the total amount, the percentage of English literature, the ratio of literature published in the last three years, and percentage of SCI papers).
3. The classic papers that postgraduate students are required to read are as follows.
We should pay attention to practical education in the cultivation of graduate students. At the same time, special attention should be paid to the practical education functions in classroom teaching.
1. Academic report system
The system of periodical academic reports is set up and listed as one of the qualifications for graduate application.
2. Academic communication
Postgraduate students are encouraged to participate in domestic and overseas academic conference and give poster or oral presentations.
This training scheme is applicable for the postgraduate students in or after 2017.